Download This Listing:
Type of Position:
For any accessibility needs with the application, please contact the Murray Resource office at 713.935.0009 or email [email protected].
The Texas State Independent Living Council (SILC) is seeking a visionary leader to fill the full-time Executive Director position. The Executive Director is responsible for supporting the collaborative network of 27 Centers for Independent Living, state partners, and stakeholders in carrying out the goals and objectives of the State Plan for Independent (SPIL) to advance the mission of furthering the independence and integration of Texans with disabilities.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- $85,000 – $90,000, DOE
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Develop, monitor, and review the State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL).
- Support and enhance a strong network for independent living in the state of Texas.
- Prepare and submit timely reports and paperwork.
- Ensure the mission and values of the organization are reflected in all program planning, implementation, and communications sent on behalf of the company.
- Prepare and distribute accessible materials for Council meetings in collaboration with the executive committee.
- Maintain and update company records such as council member information and website content.
- Monitor compliance with grants, contracts, regulations, and the Statewide Plan for Independent Living (SPIL).
- Develop a strategic plan that incorporates the goals and objectives that work toward the direction of the company.
- Develop, schedule, and plan training for council members to create engagement within meetings and discussions.
- Fiscal Management
- Develop and maintain financial management systems in collaboration with the Director of Finance. Serve as the administrator of funds per grantor guidelines.
- Ensure purchases are allowable under grant guidelines.
- Ensure proper and ethical bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure that a comprehensive budget and subsequent budgetary updates are developed annually and presented to the Council for review and approval.
- Collaboration and Advocacy
- Coordinate the development of the three-year State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL) in compliance with federal requirements. Implement an annual timeline of required activities related to the SPIL.
- Work in conjunction with council members and CILs to develop positions and strategies on key advocacy issues that impact consumers.
- Confer with state and federal legislators, independent living (IL) organizations, and other disability organizations to exchange information and build a common agenda.
- Provide support and participation in community awareness, public education, and outreach activities.
- Work with the Governor’s Office, in collaboration with the SILC Council, to identify and recruit new Council Members.
- Research and promote program expansion of the company by leading resource development projects such as grant writing and fundraising events.
- Human Resources
- Determine and maintain staffing requirements for organizational management.
- Oversee the implementation of the policies, procedures, and practices, including the development of job
descriptions for staff.
- Establish a positive, healthy, and safe work environment under all appropriate legislation and
- Recruit, interview, and select staff that have the appropriate technical and personal abilities to help
further the Texas company mission.
- Ensure that all staff receive an orientation to the organization and that appropriate training is provided.
- Approve expenditures within the authority delegated by the Council.
- Ensure that sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures.
- Oversee the management of all leases, contracts, and other financial commitments.
- A Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, or a related field and three to five years of leadership experience is preferred
- Commitment to Independent Living philosophy
- Understanding of assistive technology and accessibility, including fulfillment of accommodation requests
- Proven adaptability to changing technology and demonstrated ability to use productivity suite products, file-sharing systems, and virtual meeting platforms
- Experience in fiscal management; experience with accounting software preferred
- Ability to remain focused on organizational goals while prioritizing and managing multiple, complex responsibilities
- Ability to work without supervision
- Experience establishing and maintaining productive relationships with stakeholders
- Strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate in ways that accommodate diverse communication styles
- Experience with fundraising, resource development, or grant writing preferred Applicants must be a citizen of the United States or other designation eligible for employment under the U.S. Labor Department Codes A pre-employment background check required
- Any offer of employment is conditional on the successful completion of a background check; falsification of information provided may be a cause for rejection
- Remote; must reside in the state of Texas
- Occasional travel to stakeholder meetings across the state and national conferences
- Prolonged periods of sedentary office work that primarily involves sitting/standing
- Constant operation of a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and printer
- Frequent communication with stakeholders; must be able to exchange accurate information
** THIS JOB IS CONSIDERED OPEN UNTIL FILLED **
- Please Contact Murray Resources by following the link: https://jobs.murrayresources.com/
- Input “23218” into the left side keyword field, search. This is the JOB ID #.
- Select the Executive Director Role that populates.
- Select Apply Online from the Apply section at the bottom of the posting.
- Follow the prompts including attaching your resume and filling out your relevant information.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.